job summary: Immediate opportunity for a Payroll Tax analyst for Entertainment Studio in the Hollywood area.
Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for processing and reconciling payroll tax activities including calculating deductions, such as income tax withholding, Social Security payments, insurance, union dues and ensuring that they are complete and conform to governmental fiscal directives. The Payroll Tax Analyst will also executes tax processes in a multi-state, multi-jurisdiction environment using SAP and ADP.
location: Universal City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Payroll Tax Analyst responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reconcile and analyze payroll tax deposits activity to Payroll and ADP Tax Services reports after each payroll run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Reconcile payroll vendor quarterly & annual tax filing statements (i.e. Quarterly 941s, State filings, and Annual 940s).
- Support payroll accounting team in completing Payroll reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Respond to requests from ADP tax filing team on tax questions.
- Support reconciliation of ADP tax invoices for ADP funding.
- Update & process tax exempt worksheet.
- Prepare and remit federal, state, and local tax reports in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit monthly Worker's Comp report to insurance carriers.
- Investigate and resolve tax notices from IRS, state and local authorities.
- Research Y/E related request and process corrections to wages/W2's.
- Perform tax research and assist with development of tax planning ideas and related implementation.
- Process tax related corrections in the payroll system and partner with ADP to ensure that employee tax setups are processed correctly.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Payroll Tax Reporting.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each payroll run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Manage filing of tax updates weekly and monitor quarterly tax filings.
- Prepare headcount tax forms.
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and book journal entries.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years technical experience preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience within payroll departments in providing support for payroll/payroll tax processing, internal/external audits, issue resolution, garnishments and research of payroll tax and wage/hour requirements.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience working with ADP payroll tax outsourcing solution or similar tax outsourcing solutions.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience working with SAP or ADP payroll application and reports.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.