Are you an Audit Professional looking for a better quality of life? A CPA seeking work/ life balance? Interested in joining a company that develops employees and promotes from within? We are seeking an Audit Manager for a global technology company in the Shelton area.
Reporting to the Audit Director, the Audit Manager will be responsible for planning, staffing, and supervising all audit and advisory activities. A CPA and prior audit supervisor experience are firm requirements for this role.
location: Shelton, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Assists Audit Director in developing the annual audit plan and scheduling of audit assignments .
- Performs detailed risk assessments, determines records and activities to audit and scope of audit testing.
- Partners with the business to assess risks, develop governance models, and evaluate compliance impacts of employing new technologies.
- Monitors industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, GDPR) developments and develops recommendations for policy, process, technology and internal control improvements.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive audit program for each assignment (based on engagement risk) that encompasses the adequacy of the systems of internal controls, reliability of financial information, safeguarding of assets, compliance with established policies and procedures, and adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Selectively reviews engagement documentation and ensures that audit assignments are completed within established time budgets. Reviews and approves work papers submitted by audit staff for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to department standards.
- Reviews and evaluates accounting and business processes requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial issues.
- Manages preparation of audit reports at the completion of each assignment. Makes recommendations where corrective action is needed and provides an audit opinion.
- Assists the Director in ensuring that employees continue to develop their auditing and accounting skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned or Audit Director.
- BS in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA required.
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience with public accounting.
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- High level of competency in GAAP, internal control principles and IIA auditing standards.
- Strong understanding of business concepts, risks and risk management, processes and operations in a technology environment is required.
- Experience with working with data analytics, and other emerging technologies like robotic process automation and machine learning is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
: $125-145K depending experience, bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.