This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with a residential underwriting background to get into the commercial side of mortgages. It's not 100% commercial, but it will definitely incorporate commercial related responsibilities. It is not with a bank, but with a national firm and one of the world's largest alternative investment firms.
$90,000-95,000, 15% monthly bonus, fantastic benefits and strong career advancement!
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 4 Years
- Responsible in deciding whether to approve or deny client's mortgage loans according to relevant information being provided at their loan applications or upon final review of a complete file.
- Analysis of income, asset, credit, title and collateral information.
- Conduct risk assessments on potential clients based on previous borrowing history, credit rating, income and other factors.
- Clearly convey underwriting needs to client in order to effectively and properly complete underwriting analysis.
- Render independent decision based of the Company's guidelines and policies.
- Complete required checklists and worksheets.
- Clear prior to doc and prior to funding conditions.
- Ensure that the specifications of properties and terms of loans meet the requirements of the financial institution and with the government regulations.
- Once loan applications have been thoroughly evaluated and assessments have been made to determine the degree of risk, mortgage underwriters will then document the relevant reasons for the approval or disapproval of loans and add the necessary conditions needed to complete the credit decision.
Residential and/or commercial underwriting experience
Manual underwriting experience
Minimum of 5 years experience
skills: Loan Administration, Mortgage Underwriting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.