Financial Assistant needed for mid-sized non-profit in NW, DC located one block from metro.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Accounts Payable
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions
- Process invoices and purchase orders for payment
- Manage credit card accounts and payments with proper authorizations
- Prepare and issue checks to designations and organizations
- Receive, count, record, and deposit all income as directed
- Process online donations
- Prepare year-end statements
- Reconcile bank statements monthly and as needed
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial reports
- Receive, verify and record all invoices when approved; inform the responsible persons of their budget expenditure
- Maintain filing systems for bills, invoices, receipts, in accordance with GAAP
- Proven knowledge of accounting concepts and terminology
- Proven knowledge and experience in GAAP
- Strong computer skills are imperative
- Relative professional degree with accounting credits preferred ?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general accounting
Qualified candidates should submit resume in word format.
skills: Account Reconciliation, AP, AR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.