A Premier family owned gourmet supermarket is looking a Sales Accounting and Accounts Receivable Assistant to support the Manager and CFO. The AR Assistant will interact with customers, owners and employees. Must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1 year experiences in accounting role. Experience with general ledger accounting a plus. System experience include MS Office and Quickbooks a plus.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 56,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Principle Duties and Responsibilities (Includes the following but not limited to)
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer and Sales Accounting Manager
- Produce a departmental sales analysis report and other management reports
- Post reconciled daily sales receipts and produce cashier reconciliation reports following up with variances
- Assist with monthly billings and sales-related GL account reconciliations
- Attend to customer inquiries, process credit applications, and invoices for customers and vendor allowances
- Process and collect outstanding accounts receivable including, past due, bad debts and bad checks
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures online and in files
- Processing all manufacture coupons for redemption
- Researching outstanding past due invoices, credit memos and delegating invoices for approval
- Special projects as needed. Projects may vary.
qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Sales Accounting and Accounts Receivable role.
- Experience with general ledger accounting a plus.
- Familiar with Customer service duties over the phone, in person and in writing.
- Possess sound judgment when planning and accomplishing goals.
- Must have excellent time management, organization and project skills (especially under critical deadlines). Be accurate, detail-oriented & thorough.
- Possess a professional demeanor.
- Be able to work under strict confidentiality.
- Be flexible in a variety of situations and be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and financial accounting software. Quickbooks a plus!
- Ability to maintain focus in spite of interruptions.
If interested, please contact email@example.com with your resume (word doc) and the best time to talk.
skills: Cash Applications, Cash Management, AR, Bank Deposits, Cash Posting, Invoices, Cash Handling, A/R Review, AR Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.