Position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company including the production of financial reports, budgeting and forecasting ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
location: Piscataway, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Implement accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, as well as, affiliate companies ensuring department achievs their goals and objectives
- Ensure team members are properly trained (10-15)
- Manager month-end including balance sheet, bank reconciliations, monthly accruals, journal enties
- Manage the AP, AR and payroll functions
- Issue timely and complete monthly consolidated financial statements
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Cost accounting reports
- Analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Liaison with external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA or CMA preferred
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-sized manufacturing company or division of a large corporation.
- Experienced in managing a large staff
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.