Growing company in Boca Raton has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for general ledger accounting, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing journal entries for month-end closes, corporate accounting and internal financial reporting. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for preparing balance sheet and P&L schedules and working very closely with the Controller.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts for month-end closings
- Ensure monthly accounting, analysis and close process is compliant with internal control requirements
- Ensure proper cut-off all balance sheet accrual accounts
- Provide accounting and reporting guidance to the Controller
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules and maintain supporting detail for the general ledger accounts
- Analyze all general account activity in order to provide analysis and explanation to management
- Ensure all reporting deadlines and for month-end closings are timely and prepare financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Perform special projects
- BBA degree Accounting
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Strong and problem solving skills analytical
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Strong attention for detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work within a timely manner and be deadline driven
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.