Fun, dynamic busy DTLA office has an immediate opening for an Internal Controls Analyst in our Los Angeles office.
The position is responsible for assisting in the identification, assessment, oversight reporting and disclosure of all key controls across the company and to ensure the business procedures and/or financial controls are in compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate standards and practices.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 7 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, reconcile, research, and control various clearing, custodial, depository, bank and suspense accounts
- Ensure the firm's stock records are in balance with the records of the depositories or custodians
- Examine and count all securities held, in transfer, in transit, loaned, borrowed, deposited, failed to receive, failed to deliver, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate resolution of outstanding and aged breaks and fails with operations
- Communicate aged breaks and fails to Regulatory Accounting
- Analyze exception items and resolves outstanding issues, as well as enforce the firm's operation policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development of a strong controls management function that supports business activities
- Oversee ad hoc requests and projects e.g. externally driven regulatory requirements, account identification exercises, audit, compliance, regulatory, tax requests for accounts information
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years' experience in operations/back office, risk management, internal controls or audit
- Financial service industry experience preferred
- Understanding of business and operational processes as well as their financial impact
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and attention to detail
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
skills: Regulatory Compliance - Other
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.