Randstad Professionals is seeking an experienced, reliable Senior Payroll Specialist
to join a well-established team located in the Marietta area. In this role, the ideal candidate will perform a wide variety of record-keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests, and processing terminations. Duties may also include checking and auditing timekeeping records, maintaining time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay, and tax status. You will work collaboratively and with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise to maximize efficiency and productivity. This is a full-time, contract to hire position in the Marietta, Cobb Galleria area.
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps thousands of professionals start and grow their career each year.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- 5+ years experience in processing multi-state, multi-site weekly, bi-weekly, salaried and commissioned employee payroll
- Ensures the collection and accuracy of data necessary for payroll processing, including but not limited to employee hours worked, paid time off, deductions and garnishments, bonuses, employee taxes, including local jurisdictions, are correctly set up and any additional compensation
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable
- Serves as a subject matter expert on tax and payroll compliance and administers and maintains payroll compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, responsible for all payroll tax-related processes including quarterly filings
- Works with Accounting and Finance team and other department leaders as information exchange or reconciliations are necessary
Application Process Click Apply to submit your resume today!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Human Resources preferred, CPP preferred
- 5+ years' processing multi-state, in-house payroll for 15000+ employees working on a team of up to 3 payroll specialist - high volume, full-cycle payroll processing start to finish
- Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist or Payroll Administrator
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Proficient in MS Office and strong knowledge of relevant Payroll/ HRIS software (i.e., Paylocity and Kronos is strongly preferred and will consider candidates with a strong background in Workday and UltiPro)
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to understand your skills better and tell you more about the opportunity. Not ready to apply but want to learn more email your Microsoft WORD formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.