Randstad USA is seeking DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT for an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Randstad USA is working with a company near Deerfield to identify a Director of Internal Audit. Work in the newly renovated headquarters. The state of the art facility offers easy access to public transit as well as a rich array of amenities.
This role will be responsible for providing the overall direction and leadership of the internal audit function for the organization and responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial, IT and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master's Degree
experience: 10 Years
- Lead Internal Audit's initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit's annual risk assessment to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality.
- Oversee and manage outsourced third-party service providers to assist internal audit initiatives and projects
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Perform internal controls assessments of target acquisition companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies; Assist with integration planning.
- Oversee Internal Audit's participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit's perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors and coordinate how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit's work.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in business administration, finance or accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting, or position focused on risk management required
- CPA and/or CIA certification preferred
- Manufacturing and/or Distribution experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Travel up to 10%
- Considerable knowledge of the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks
- Proficiency with SAP and related automated controls and workflows
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud and experience with fraud prevention controls
- Prior experience building out an internal audit function preferred.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Proficiency in preparing reports, memos, summaries, and analyses
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.