Randstad USA is seeking a Director of Trade Marketing for an exciting and challenging opportunity near Des Plaines, IL.
Randstad USA is to identify a skilled a Director of Trade Marketing and Category.
This role will supervise a team of marketing professionals, provide key analytics on spending and ROI and developing forecasts. An ideal candidate will be able to work cross-functionally as a partner with decision makers on issues relating to distribution, shelving, pricing, merchandising and category performance. Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in consumer package goods or food.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
Analytics and Performance:
- Manage and track overall trade spend, analytics, and ROI by brand / category and develop planning forecasts.
- Responsible for leading cross functional IBP Forecasting process and tools
- Develop communication strategy to implement key research insights into business plans at the customer level.
Sales Pricing and Marketing
- Develop strong working relationships with retail buyers and cross functional partners - support Field Sales leadership in successful joint business planning sessions and customer interactions.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical recommendations to America Field Sales management and retail buyers including distribution, shelving, trade merchandising, and pricing of products to improve category performance .
- Lead Consumer / Shopper Insights Team to synthesize recommendations into compelling category, shopper, and consumer insights, as well as pricing strategies.
- Translate insights into actionable recommendations to America Field Sales teams, marketing and brand teams.
- Manage Linkage between Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations for implementation and execution of plans
- Manage cross-functional team to provide strategic actionable insights based on market data analysis and insights
- Mentor and develop direct reports (Category and sales planning managers; pricing, trade and shelving analysts)
- Will manage 3-4 direct reports including covering trade analytics, planning, forecasting, and category management responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of senior level marketing experience including a combination of trade planning and category management as well as field sales management experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in CPG sales and product management roles.
- Experience with Panel and Scan Syndicated Data (IRI or Nielsen).
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.