job summary: ASSISTANT CONTROLLER - VIENNA, VIRGINIA
Great opportunity for strong experienced accounting professional to join an established company in Northern Virginia.
location: Vienna, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Support accounting management and always take ownership of work in month-end close, reporting, work with external CPA and year end workpaper preparation, detail review of general ledger, etc.
- Assist in accurate and timely execution of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, and job cost accounting.
- Prepare and assist in financial statement preparation using excel pivot and look-up tables, journal entries to post activity from Rental System into General Ledger System.
- Assist in management of Payroll processing.
- Handle multi company accounting and reporting.
- Hands-on professional with ability to also support, develop and motivate the Accounting Team and identify process efficiencies.
The annual salary for this position is $110,000 - 130,000
- At least 3 years of progressive accounting experience; knowledge of Partnership accounting highly preferred.
- BS in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, creating and troubleshooting Excel pivot and look-up tables required.
- Integrity, tenacity, persistence, passion and a strong desire for team and company goals and success.
- Proven ability to supervise and provide direction and leadership of team members.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.