An e-commerce start up is seeking a HR Manager. The organization financially sound and is scaling due to increased demand for their product. The People Operations and HRIS System Manager will be a leader responsible for data management, compliance, operating procedures, performance management, integration and performance management. Candidates with 5+ years of experience as People Partner, HR Program Manager in a high growth start up preferred. Bachelors degree required.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation, execution, and management of the People Operations processes, systems, and programs in partnership with the rest of the People Team and business stakeholders
- Manage our People Operations compliance, benefits and leave programs
- Evaluate the current state of our systems, tools, policies, service level agreements, vendors, and program delivery in order to build out a prioritized action plan for areas of improvement and efficiency including gathering Requests For Proposals (RFP) and vendor due diligence
- Manage the delivery of employee recognition and engagement programs, and continually seek feedback from the People Team and key stakeholders to improve, add or remove programs as needed
- Own the documentation and management of end-to-end employee lifecycle processes including new hire onboarding, orientation, training, immigration, employee relations, termination, compliance, etc.
- Champion collaborative cross functional relationships with Recruiting, Payroll/Accounting, Finance, other teams, and hiring managers to ensure the successful on-boarding and off-boarding of new employees and contingent workers
- Partner with Legal on compliance with all labor laws, compliance, and vendor agreements
- Ensure People Team audit and control processes are developed and followed in compliance with local data privacy laws, U.S. wage and hour laws, international labor laws, internal compensation processes, and benefits policies and procedures
- Analyze problems, determine the approach, compile and analyze data, and prepare reports/recommendation to define People Team processes
- Create and update audit and compliance dashboard/reports to ensure appropriate and relevant audit control requirements are met
- Manage the Immigration Visa & Green Card application and renewal processes
- Proactively monitor employment laws for compliance and best practices; make recommendations to update policies as needed
- Understand numerous, interrelated People Team processes, tools, and programs for driving improvements and automation in order to increase quality, experience and effectiveness
- Drive, project manage and provide training to team around HRIS functionality
- Responsible for system configuration, data auditing, system maintenance and quality control for the systems required for Human Capital
- Manage and maintain Work
HR Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working as a People Partner, HR Manager, HR Program Manager or similar role
- Strong communicator who works with managers/leaders to establish credibility quickly and possess strong consulting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of People Operations practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management, career development, compensation, and employment law
- Track record of providing HR advice and solutions to senior leaders and individuals on employee and organizational issues
- Demonstrated integrity via assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Strong influencing skills with managers and leaders.
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, and you are able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage challenging issues to closure and help managers build high-performing teams
- Creative problem solver, able to manage decision-making independently, and "think like an owner" when it comes to aligning People strategies and goals with your designated business teams' strategies and goals
- Eagerness to learn and grow within People Operations
- Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
- Experience with HRIS, payroll, and other People Operations systems and tools
- Strong employee life cycle management process knowledge as it relates to compliance requirements
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities, ability to research and analyze data, and presenting solutions
- Initiative to lead and drive improvements without constant direction
- Immigration Visa processing experience
If interested, please contact email@example.com with an updated resume (word doc) and the best time for a phone call.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.