An established software company is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join the team. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for multi-state US payroll for 400+ employees, maintaining relevant records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions, 401K contributions, out of sequence payrolls and special reports. Candidates must have 7+ years of relevant experience, Excel (v-lookups, pivot table) and ADP WorkForce Now. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Previous RSU/NQ related payroll processing experience a plus!
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities:
· Process semi-monthly payroll for 400+ US employees in multiple states; including timely submission of 401k contributions
· Process out-of-sequence payrolls for posting stock activities
· Set up new earnings and deduction codes within ADP Workforce Now
· File payroll source documents and reports, research and process off cycle and exception items (e.g., manual, void and unclaimed checks, cash payments, etc.), communicate with assigned locations and maintain excellent customer service relationships
· Distribute W-2 Forms and reprint requests, complete special projects accurately and within the allocated timeframe
· Verify data accuracy and assist with error resolution
· Run reports and post payroll; maintain payroll files
· Partner with the HR team to ensure coordination of payroll information between HR and Payroll
· Review and utilize existing payroll processes and policies to create a more efficient payroll process
· 7+ years' experience processing payroll (inclusive of payroll processing across multiple states/sites and business units)
· Must have ADP Workforce Now payroll experience including time management software
· Knowledge and experience working with and integrating WorkDay to ADP is preferred
· Knowledge and experience posting RSU stock releases, NQ and ISO options would be strongly preferred
· Must have knowledge in dealing with Federal, various state and local government's different payroll taxation rules
· Strong aptitude and proficiency in MS Office products; including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar preferred
· GL experience preferred
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume (word doc) and the best time for a phone call.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.