job summary: Administrative Assistant Job Summary Basic Function:
- Provides specialized administrative support to relieve executive, administrative, and line and staff managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties.
- Produces various types of documents, coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Maintains department files and schedules meetings and may manage calendar for executive levels and ensure timely response to meeting requests and messages. Work is generally of a confidential nature.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Administrative Activities
- Facilitate operational efficiency of the company Life Solutions of America organization by performing a variety of tasks under the general supervision of the department manager/director.
- Provides administrative tasks, clerical support, operational facilitation, secretarial duties, and other tasks so as to increase the operational efficiency of the department.
- Coordinates day-to-day activities and logistics for department initiatives (i.e. scheduling conference rooms, order/set-up/clean-up customer/vendor lunches, ordering/managing office supplies, maintaining vacation and training records, overseeing new hire set-up, and maintaining group distribution list/folder.)
- Performs administrative tasks such as purchase requests creation, record keeping, photocopying/scanning, document distribution, and retrieval of packages or mail from various delivery points.
- Responsible for phone messages, re-route E-mails, or replying to either as needed.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms, meeting schedules, and affect increased meeting attendance through direct communication with key attendees prior to meeting.
- Attend key meetings with the express purpose of recording meeting minutes, documenting attendance, cataloging action items, and ensuring distribution of said information to key personnel and department archives.
- Receive visitors, supervise "check-in" with building receptionist, and escort visitors to/from meeting rooms in accordance with company's corporate security policy (ISM).
- Proofread documents for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental policies, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Deliver paperwork or messages to the other company buildings and run local errands in support of team.
- Complete, submit, and verify payment of expense reports for team members.
- Ensure efficiency of the management team by tracking meeting schedules, authoring correspondence, booking travel arrangements, making phone calls, and reviewing E-mail.
- Any other duties as required.
qualifications: Basic Qualifications - Scope:
Education & Experience:
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed.
- Attach organization chart both current and proposed if applicable.
- High School diploma or equivalent Internationally recognized qualification.
- 1 years of related experience.
- Advanced skills in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Competencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential matters and maintain compliance with company's corporate security policy (ISM).
- Ability to greet visitors and conduct business by phone and E-mail in a friendly, professional manner.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to protect controlled information.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems, organize own work, coordinate projects, multi-task and set priorities.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks. Other Requirements:
- Possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings.
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.