Could you see yourself leading at one of America's most influential banks in the Consumer Banking Centre of Excellence Finance! Our client places customer satisfaction and employee engagement as key priorities.
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility and desire to give back to the community. CSR three priorities: diversity and inclusion, economic empowerment, and environmental sustainability.
- Place high value on their employees with great programs such as 30 days leave, 16 weeks paid paternity, dollar for dollar 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and adoption reimbursement.
- A great environment to learn from experienced professionals who are passionate about the industry, work collaboratively and want to knowledge share.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 190,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
The Senior Audit Manager will:
- This SAM will provide guidance and oversight to Audit team-members to ensure coverage is well planned, executed, and reported in accordance with audit methodology. They will have management of issues to ensure timely resolution. They will work across audit teams and with senior-level leaders within the department and our business lines building strong partnerships.
- Evaluate current audit approaches and practices, providing leadership on industry best practices and regulatory changes, and driving continued maturation and evolution of the audit function.
- Identifying thematic risk trends observed across the enterprise for purposes of influencing strategic control direction and process maturity.
- Represent the Consumer Banking Audit Team Audit team as a highly engaged, visible, and influential leader.
- Manage a staff (approx. 8-15) and is responsible for the quality and timely completion of a defined segment of the Audit Plan in accordance with Audit policies.
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to team-members. Establish development plans for each team member that facilitates proficiency and excellence in current positions and prepares team members for future opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with business partners and third parties including regulators.
- Plan and organize work over a multiple-year cycle. Ensures audit engagements are risk-based, and executed according to Audit policies and guidance.
- Seek continuous quality improvement and efficiency in the execution of audit work.
- The successful candidates for these roles will demonstrate experience leading and coaching teams and have an understanding of front line risks for the consumer banking industry.
- They will be an effective builder and leader of high performing teams focused on driving business results through collaborative leadership and team member engagement keep up with fast paced organizational change, managing and caring for team members through that change contribute to Audit strategies.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of applicable regulations including the ability to form opinions on the design and effectiveness of regulatory compliance and operational controls.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: leading teams covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Audit management experience at a financial institution or currently in a Big 4 accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher and leadership experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Understanding and experience in first and second line of defense risk management programs/practices as well as associated regulatory compliance risks and programs
- Good understanding of Institution of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, regulatory requirements, and industry guidelines
- Experience with managing execution and/or validation of customer remediation activities and/or regulatory matters (MRAs, Consent Orders)
- Foundation knowledge of key processes, regulations, risks and controls within the Consumer Banking and /or PVSI portfolios
skills: CPA, Certified Internal Auditor, Audit-Internal, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.