A Hartford area medical management company has an immediate need for 4 Accounts Receivable Specialists. This position performs pro-active follow-up activity of outstanding medical claims and identifies issues resulting in the non-payment of claims.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $36,000 - 44,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Follow-up on outstanding physician claims as directed
- Identify issues resulting in non-payment of claims
- Elevate significant issues to management
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Follow general A/R and client specific guidelines
- Maintain baseline level of accounts/week.
- Provide excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed.
- Attention to detail to produce quality work
- General knowledge of ICD9 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding
- Thorough knowledge of third party carriers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent change management skills required due to constant change in the healthcare industry
- Ability to meet department deadlines
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree preferred
- Prior ICD 9 and ICD 10 diagnostic knowledge
- Epic experience strongly preferred
- Billing or Coding Certificate experience preferred
- Prior experience in A/R follow-up with insurance or self-pay accounts
skills: Medical Billing, Consumer Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.