Accounting Assistant - Staff Accountant
The Accounting Specialist will assist with general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and administrative functions which may include: processing cash receipts, closing reports, customer account research, and reconciliations. The Accounting Specialist will take full ownership of some activities while assisting with others within the finance department. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills as well as possess strong attention to detail.
location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Process vendor invoices; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Test entries and account reconciliations and file against system reports for compliance with the Accounting team's control objectives.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team members to remediate issues identified.
- Maintain systems for document storage and retrieval.
- Assist and perform various ad hoc projects for the Accounting department and other day-to-day tasks.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience in an accounting department.
- 1-2 years' experience preferred in accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, or a combination of these focuses.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel and Word
For immediate consideration please send me your resume in word document to:firstname.lastname@example.org Cecilia Bjurstrom Senior Executive Recruiter Randstad Accounting and Finance Direct: 610-382-9742 Cell: 267-266-0707 email@example.com www.randstadusa.com
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.