Our global real estate client located in El Segundo, CA is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team.
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial statement close and reporting process for functional area of responsibility, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances. Consult and liaise with operating unit finance personnel on accounting issues.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects including system conversion or enhancements, requiring user acceptance testing, providing feedback to IT programmers, and training other staff member on the new process / system.
- Establishes and maintains compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles by providing technical accounting guidance and training on a variety of subjects.
- Responsible for the establishment, monitoring and maintenance of robust internal controls.
- Coordinate, review and analyze account reconciliations for companies and/or designated functions within area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements.
- Interpret current accounting policies and practices, and lead enhancement of updated operating procedures to improve efficiency.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, management, and other functional finance team members as required to accomplish goals.
- Required to read and interpret contracts, legal documents, and other agreements. Ability to record complex business transactions in the general ledger.
- Reviews team's projects and deliverables to ensure work accuracy and departmental deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7+ years experience
skills: Financial Reporting - SEC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.