The Fund Accounting Supervisor will lead the team to achieve overall client satisfaction and serve as a point of escalation for complex issues.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare, review and approve monthly and quarterly NAV packages and allocations for funds investing in equity, fixed income, fund-of-PE-funds, fund-of-hedge-funds, private debt, syndicated debt, private equity, real estate funds, OTC and various other financial instruments
- Reconcile transaction details and balances from the general ledger to third party supporting documentation including, underlying fund investment capital statements, private loan documents, prime brokerage statements, Markit WSO reporting, and client's supplemental reporting
- Work with clients to solve complex problems, including but not limited to equalization, IRR calculations, management fee calculations, and waterfall/carry calculations
- Assist in providing support towards year-end fund financial statement audit, regulatory reporting and tax preparation services
- Work closely with the financial reporting team during the quarterly and annual cycle
- Prepare and review investor capital call and distributions
- Aid in enhancing and enacting new policies, procedures and internal controls, including implementation of new technology tools and updates to associated procedural guides
- Oversee and ensure training and cross training of employees on relevant job functions to develop breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual performance, including the annual performance review process.
- Assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
How to Apply
- BA/BS degree in a business-related field
- 3+ years of Alternatives Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Detailed knowledge in one or more of the following alternatives industry segments: Hedge Funds, Public/Private Debt Funds, Private Equity, or Real Estate Funds.
- Highly proficient with Excel.
For immediate consideration, please forward a Word version of your resume to Jason.Newberg@randstadusa.com
skills: Fund Accounting, Mutual Fund Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.