A Hartford area medical management company has an immediate need for two Payment Posting Specialists. The Payment Posting Specialist role is responsible for posting payments from patients and insurance companies.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $36,000 - 44,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Posts payments and adjustments into the practice management system either manually or from an electronic remittance advice (ERA)
- Daily and monthly balancing of all deposits and posted payments
- Reconcile customer lockbox
- Resolve any unidentified payments or deposits.
- Daily interaction with third party vendor and/or clients via email and/or scheduled conference calls.
- Prepare month-end reports as necessary.
- Refers claim resolution issues to appropriate departments.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible to sort, follow up and track work flow.
- Organize and prioritize work items and responsibilities
- Show willingness to work toward departmental and organization wide objectives to insure quality results.
- Requires ability to process confidential data in professional manne
- Abide by all HIPAA regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using GE Centricity Business software a plus.
- Requires familiarity of health insurance explanation of benefits (EOB)
- Proficient usage of a medical billing system.
- General computer experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Ability to navigate through various computer programs.
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically.
- Experience meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly
- Desire to work in team environment
- General medical knowledge for (CPT, ICD.10 &/or HCPCS codes)
- Knowledge of Electronic Remits (ERAs)
skills: Cash Applications, Medical Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.