Seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Property Accountant
who will assume hands-on responsibility for all property accounting related to a portion of our growing national portfolio of stabilized and cash flowing commercial properties. The Senior Property Accountant
will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks and activities to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. You will be using your communication skills in working with the accounting team, property management and upper management.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepares month end and quarter end close for assigned projects.
- Manages and completes all general ledger journal entries, reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with budgets, forecasts, and variance comments.
- Assists with CAM reconciliations.
- Prepares semi-monthly funding requests and monthly distributions.
- Responsible for timely payment of mortgages, taxes and insurance.
- Provides input/feedback for improving processes, procedures related to above duties and responsibilities, and initiating quality and efficiency enhancements.
qualifications: Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of Accounting for Commercial industrial, office, or retail property accounting experience.
- Experience with Accounting for industrial, office and/or retail real estate.
- Strong proficiencies with Microsoft Office applications including intermediate to advanced level in Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.