Randstad USA is seeking an early-career accountant for an exciting opportunity.
Randstad is working with a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) in Lake County to identify a skilled Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable professional for a position within their Accounting Department.
In additional to typical accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, this position will be responsible for assisting with cash management, payment of applications, rent statements, Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and other specialist projects.
An associate's degree in an accounting-related field is required, but a bachelor's degree is preferred. Candidates with Yardi or prior commercial real estate experience will be given special consideration. Other essential attributes include a positive attitude and the openness to transition between tasks and projects on an as-needed basis.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Main Responsibilies:
- Handle accounts payable (bill entry & coding, vendor research/reconciliation, expense allocation, approvals)
- Lead weekly & bi-monthly AP review and payment proposals
- Process vendor invoices.
- Process payments
- Match payments to purchase orders.
- Respond to vendor inquiries, review and reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain files for invoices, paid check activity, and other pertinent documentation
- Apply tenant payments
- Process rent statements
- Common Area Maintenance (CAM) statement reconciliation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred , a minimum of an associate's degree is required .
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Accounting
- Experience with Yardi a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: A/P Processing, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.