Work with a $6B fin tech company who serves clients with $1.7 trillion in assets under administration.
- Work in a friendly, professional environment, plus free parking!
- Attractive benefits such as a 401K match to $4K, tuition or professional development reimbursement, 15 days PTO- then 20 days PTO after 1 year, stock option grants to top performers awarded on an annual basis.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
A Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained. 50% - Daily Accounting
30% - Month End Tasks
- Handle accounting for assigned funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing accurate management information to support decision-making.
5% - Price Products
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, and Investment Company Audit Guide.
5% - Process Improvements
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understand the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
10% - Other responsibilities
- Identify and implement work process improvements with regards to efficiency and ensuring that strong internal controls are maintained.
- Prepare year end audit packs
- Assist with annual financial statement preparation for assigned funds.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Risk and Credit departments as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Experience or exposure in banking, financial services, or funds.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen, demonstrated customer service, continuous improvement focus and audit/control minded.
skills: Financial Statements, Audit-Internal, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, External Financial Statement Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.