We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Process daily bank account funding
- Process daily Borrowing Base A/R roll forward
- Maintain capital/expense project request forms (CARs) which include review of requirements, status of reports, tracking approvals, determination of capital vs expense categories
- Maintain fixed asset records (additions and disposals) in a timely manner, including proper useful life, fixed asset record details
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5 years relevant experience in a mid-sized manufacturing company or division of a large corporation
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA or CMA
- Advanced proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency and working experience with ERP systems, Basic Accounting software systems; experience with Vantage a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
skills: Accounts Receivable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.