Performs all activities to process in-house payrolls accurately and timely, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, detailed documenting and updating procedures for weekly union and non-union payrolls for approximately 500 employees in multiple states. Work involves confidentiality, commitment to company values, and extremely attentive to detail while working under general supervision.
- Looking for Vista Payroll Software-Similar to SAP-payroll- Construction Enterprise Resource Planning -software is a HUGE +
- Needs Union and Non-Union experience.
- 100% Paid medical benefits.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 0 Years
- Beginning to end payroll processing for NY & NJ exempt and non-exempt employees on a weekly schedule.
- Process payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Audit and correct time entry.
- Review and reconcile all payroll information in order to detect and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Print and distribute weekly paychecks/direct deposit statements.
- Process furloughs, terminations and/or manual checks as directed.
- Process initiations or changes to employee personal information, claimed Federal and/or State exemptions, insurance coverage elections, 401(k) contributions.
- Process garnishments, determine legal withholdings, initiate withholdings, remittance to various creditors, CS agencies etc., maintain detailed record keeping.
- Prepare and process weekly tax files for Payroll tax transmission, including quarterly tax files, year-end tax files.
- Prepare and transmit monthly multi-union reporting and payments timely and accurately.
- Handle unemployment insurance reporting and requests, and employment verifications.
- Maintain all paperwork, correspondence, and union rate sheets.
- Produce and distribute yearly W-2 statements and ACA forms.
- 3 - 5+ years knowledge and experience processing multi-state payrolls.
- Union payroll experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint Vista software is highly preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Excel.
skills: Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.