This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mortgage leader to assist a growing national firm (not a bank) from an underwriting perspective. Apply now to learn more about the company and their unique culture. I've never seen anything like it and it's a breath of fresh air!
Outstanding benefits with base salary and monthly bonus.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 8 Years
Primarily responsible for providing leadership, support and guidance to the underwriting team. In charge of ensuring that the underwriting team complies with the goals, objectives and standards of the organization in order to meet customer satisfaction and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Expert knowledge of residential mortgage underwriting, including knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, USDA underwriting and selling guidelines
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in fast-paced environment and to maintain production requirements while adhering to quality and service standards
- Expert knowledge with mortgage loan documents and ability to review those documents efficiently with low error rate
- Understanding of operational processes involved in mortgage loan production
- Test, train and mentor all new underwriters (Junior and Senior)
- Provide skills training for Agency, Investors and Program specific loans;
- Develop, track and monitor a minimum of ten loans (of varying loans types) for all new underwriters
- Develop, track and monitor underwriters prior to advancement to next level of underwriting authority
- Arbitrate appeals and disagreements of loan files as needed for responses to audits, repurchases, etc.
Prior leadership is a must have:
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines efficiently;
- Can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments;
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company
skills: Underwriting, Mortgage Underwriting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.