IMMEDIATE NEED FOR AN ACCOUNTANT.
Our client, a religious based non profit in DC is looking for an Accountant to assist their Director of Finance in the day to day activities of the accounting department. This position would be perfect for a candidate that is a self starter, with exceptional technical accounting skills and a mission driven mindset.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Accountant maintains the daily financial records, processes the month and year end financial close and maintains the grant records. The Accountant is supervised by the Director of Operations and works on other projects with the Executive Director. The responsibilities of the Accountant are as follows:
- Assisting with financial statement audit and the preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparing the monthly financial statements and reports.
- Preparing cash and investment reconciliations and other monthly reconciliations.
- Preparing check requisitions, assigning account and program codes, verifying adequacy of budgets, circulating of the invoice voucher packages for approval and generating checks.
- Recording journal entries in the accounting system and monitoring cash flow needs.
- Maintaining the fixed assets schedule including updating the schedule for capital expenditure, calculating depreciation and recording disposals.
- Reviewing grant applications and following up on incorrect information.
- Preparing and maintaining the grant schedules for grants issued and accountability reports.
- Preparing and processing grant checks and letters.
- Recording donor receipts into Donor Perfect and reconciling the donations to validated bank deposits as well as to the accounting system uploads on a daily basis.
- Maintaining and updating the donor database in Donor Perfect and issuing acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Implementing policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
- Undergraduate Accounting or Finance degree required
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- Quick Books knowledge required
- Donor Perfect knowledge preferred
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Good analytical, organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under short deadlines and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and direction
If this sounds like it might be a fit, please apply or reach out to Stephanie House at firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.