Our client north of Boston has a newly created Senior Accountant opening due to growth. Great opportunity to work in a team environment with an excellent culture, work life balance & growth potential.
Perfect opportunity to transition out of public accounting and into a growing corporate environment as well as define your role.
This Senior Accountant is a high profile, valued position that will continue to develop and apply their accounting knowledge and skills while focusing on technical accounting areas including SEC Reporting, researching/applying new rules and regulations, strengthen controls, and streamline processes to maximize efficiencies.
location: Wakefield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: The position will play a key role in the following areas:
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with US GAAP, including financial statements, MD&A, footnotes and footnote support.
- Quarterly Earnings release
- Interpret new rules and regulations
- Ensure compliance with all accounting standards in accordance with U.S.
GAAP, maintaining records, policies, and practices that are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations.
- Reconciliation of equity accounts
- Streamline processes, strengthen controls as needed
- Coordinate with external auditors
- Advancement and development of Accounting/Finance department; identify areas of weakness and offer recommendations for improvements
- Ad hoc reporting
- CPA, and 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Public accounting experience (with SEC clients) is desired
- Experience with SEC reporting is preferred
- Deep knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Ability to research complex accounting topics and propose company positions
- Outstanding presentation and influencing skills required
- Must be organized
- Able to work and success in an environment with changing priorities
skills: Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.