Our client is a premier Boston North organization close to the NH border. This immediate opening is for a Manager of Financial Reporting that offers tremendous exposure, outstanding culture and work life balance as well as long term stability & growth potential.
The Manager of Financial Reporting oversees a team responsible for the month/year end close, SEC filings, management reporting and strengthening of financial policies and procedures.
If you are a well rounded accounting professional with leadership and progressive technical accounting skills, the this could be a great opportunity for your career!
location: Tewksbury, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare and coordinate filing of SEC forms as appropriate
- Manage month end close process
- Oversee consolidations and controls
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with new accounting pronouncements, providing US GAAP interpretation, liaising with senior executives
- Research and interpret new rules and regulations, translate effect on organization
- Ensuring appropriate control environment for company, monitoring compliance and interacting with Executive Leadership team as required
- Oversee development and implementation of process improvements; strengthening of controls
- Coordinate with auditors
- Play key role in the continuing development of the Accounting/Finance department
- Ad hoc reporting
- 4 year college degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and advanced degree desired,
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Must have public accounting experience with SEC clients
- Deep knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Ability to research complex accounting topics and propose company positions
- Outstanding presentation and influencing skills required
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.