Randstad Professionals is looking for a Cost Accountant.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare complete and accurate journal entries by closing date on a monthly basis.
- Support preparation of facilities' month end and year-end closing procedure and related reporting.
- Insure the accuracy of account postings through weekly and monthly account analysis.
- Support cost reduction efforts.
- Be actively involved in physical inventory/cycle counts and reconciliations.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed Assist in establishing, maintaining and enhancing internal controls.
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial statements preparation.
- Assist in budget and forecasting processes.
- Maintains daily, weekly and where applicable monthly reporting.
- Review all labor and time keeping and salary expenses to budget. Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending trends and material usage variances.
- Manage Bill of Materials to ensure cost accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years' experience in related capacity
- Accounting experience as it relates to recording entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts as well as calculating/analyzing manufacturing variances
- Strong MS Office skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If interested in this role, please contact Andrea Pattington at 704-817-0737 or firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.