Job Position Overview and Purpose:
Working under the direct supervision of a Post-Closing Quality Control Audit Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing accurate and timely pre-audit services for a variety of audit clients. This consists of pre-auditing various loan types including, but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RHS, and Conventional mortgage transactions. After completing an initial training period, each pre-auditor is expected to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards established by management.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter information into SecondLook and bookmark information within the imaged file that is pertinent to the reverification function.
- Identify, set-up, and bookmark all applicable documents within a mortgage file to be re-verified with third parties.
- Maintain a quantity and quality of output that meets or exceeds the established standards
- Using proper language and grammar, clearly describe in writing the relevant circumstances found within the loan file in the form of exceptions and observations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Necessary to Succeed:
- A basic understanding of, and interest in, real estate finance and auditing.
- A willingness, interest and capacity to learn about the mortgage industry and quality control initially and on a continuing basis.
- A basic understanding of and abilities related to the usage of technology such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and similar programs.
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and technologies.
- Ability to understand and present complex subject matter in understandable terms, both in writing and verbally.
- Self-motivation, with a proven ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos written in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, use whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Preferred: A four-year, business-related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in processing, originating, underwriting, or closing of mortgage loans.
Acceptable: A four-year, non-business-related degree or equivalent experience in processing, originating, underwriting, or closing mortgage loans.
Required: Successful completion of any, and all, required training classes.
For immediate consideration please send resume and qualifications to melanie,firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Loan Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.