The Controller will be responsible for generating complete and accurate financial statements and other financial analyses in a timely fashion. To succeed in this position, an individual will have to be organized and disciplined: A plan needs to be developed to accomplish the tasks associated with the department in a routine fashion.
location: Henderson, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Accurate and timely financial closing, including execution of monthly, quarterly or annual corporate and site accounting and internal control procedures
- Understanding all of the financial and operating aspects of the manufacturing areas of responsibility
- Generate accurate monthly balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
- Generate and update supporting schedules and account reconciliations monthly
- Design internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are safeguarded and conduct periodic tests to ensure that they are being followed and are functioning.
- Oversee the Billing function to ensure that all invoicing is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that cash postings are accurate.
- Oversee AP function to ensure that all vendor invoices, credit card purchases, expense reports, etc. are posted in a timely and accurate fashion.
- 5+ years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller in a private-sector enterprise that generates revenue from multiple business lines.
- Strong analytical skills-the Controller is not only expected to generate financial statements but also to be able to analyze the results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-the Controller must also be able to explain the analysis.
- Strong management skills-this includes resource identification and justification, objective and goal-setting for staff, and managing and coaching staff to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Financial management and accounting experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- Results-oriented professional with demonstrated experience delivering operating results in a team environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, team player able to multi-task in a high expectations environment
If you're interested in learning more about this amazing opportunity, please email your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Accruals, Consolidations, Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting, GAAP, Month-End Close, capital expenditures, Finance Model, Audit - Internal, Finance Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.