Randstad Finance and Accounting is seeking a highly motivated Controller. Candidates who possess a proven ability to identify issues and resolve problems might be interested to apply their talents to this challenging position. The Controller role will report to the CFO and supervise an accounting department of 7.
location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for the month-end closing and financial reporting to parent Company, including account analysis and reconciliations.
- Continuous development of system controls to ensure data integrity.
- Prepares financial statements in compliance with GAAP accounting guidelines
- Prepare year-end financial audit
- Point person for troubleshooting system and workflow issues.
- Oversees all transactions related to investment in the associate entity.
- Develops and employs internal audit processes.
- Monitors and resolves tax notices received for sales and use tax and corporate income.
- Prepare deferred tax calculations and monitors all book/tax timing and permanent differences to ensure the accuracy of returns and to maximize tax savings.
- Monitors and explains profit and loss variance between actual results and budget, at departmental levels.
- Researches SOX, US GAAP and IFRS as required ensuring continued compliance to standards and prepares memorandums to support accounting treatment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is required
- CPA is highly preferred
- 5 or more years of experience managing the accounting functions
- Strong experience in finance, accounting, budgets and cost control principles including GAAP and financial reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Strong track record of working with business units to assist in understanding and improving their cost structures, increase their profitability, and capitalize on growth opportunities in the marketplace
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented leader of both people and projects
If you're interested in learning more about this amazing opportunity, please email your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com
skills: Budgeting, Account Reconciliation, Cash Management, Business Analysis, Internal Controls, Month-End Close, capital expenditures, Cash Forecasting, Audit-Internal, Cash Forecasting/Cash Flow, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $250-500 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.