Randstad Professionals in partnering with a chemical manufacturer in South Charlotte on their search for a Staff Internal Auditor. Our client is looking for someone with public accounting experience, experience with risk/controls testing, and project based audit work. Our client offers competitive compensation and prides itself on work/life balance, offering an employee philanthropy, 5K, game room, and gym.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Participate in all phases of the Company's existing Sarbanes Oxley 404 efforts in conjunction with Corporate/AMERICAS Audit team in Charlotte, NC. This includes risk assessment and audit scoping, scheduling, planning, and execution of testing, providing remediation/recommendations to management, and evaluating the financial reporting impact of aggregated control deficiencies based on knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. IFRS, GAAP);
- Follow-up with management on effective and timely remediation;
- Perform analyses of financial and operational data to identify areas of risk;
- Perform special projects as directed by Internal Audit Management. Such projects could include: compliance reviews, analysis of accounting records, analysis of business processes, examination of supplementary information, interviews with associates and management, preparation of special reports, and assistance with investigations.
- Identify and recommend strategies to drive audit efficiency through automation, standardization and streamlining of activities and continuously looking for ways to improve internal audit approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, internal audit, or Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audits
- CPA or CIA or comparable certification or progress towards completion;
- Thorough understanding of SOX, PCAOB, and COSO Framework requirements and operational/financial risk of a global manufacturing company preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaborate within a team environment and build relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines, accepting ownership and accountability, and delivering on-time;
- Experience with data analytics a plus;
- Exposure to SAP or other large ERP financial systems a plus; and
- Big 4 experience a plus.
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.