job summary: Senior Accountant Needed!!
Well established nonprofit is seeking a smart and motivated Senior Accountant to be the right hand of the Controller. This person will be heavily involved with month/quarter/year end close procedures along with being exposed to financial reporting and more..
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- In order to be successful in this role, this individual will have to be able to multitask several accounting functions including but not limited to:
- General ledger accounting including journal entries, reconciliations, accruals and fixed assets
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Billing
- Calculate depreciation of fixed assets
- High volume of bank & account & payroll reconciliations
- Investment reporting & financial statement review
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting
- 990's Tax forms
- Communicate with other departments and lines of business
- Maintain high standard of presentation and professionalism
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2-3 years of prior experience in a nonprofit or fund accounting capacity is highly desirable and will be considered first.
- Strong Excel required, Blackbaud preferred
skills: Excel, Excel Macros, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Fund Accounting, CPA, Mutual Fund Accounting, Month-End Close, Year End Close, Accutax, Blackbaud, Excel Pivot Tables, CPA Candidate, Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.