Do you have a keen eye for detail, along with payroll technical know-how? If so, this Payroll Manager opportunity in Fairfield county might be perfect for you!
We're looking for someone to oversee the complete processing of multi-state weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for 3K+ full-time, part-time and seasonal employees.
This company is ready to conduct phone/virtual interviews to keep the hiring process moving.
location: Fairfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervise, develop, evaluate and mentor 2 direct reports.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of current federal, state and local tax laws that pertain to the processing of payroll with special attention to (FLSA).
- Review of all current audit processes for payroll accuracy and expand or make recommendation for improvements.
- Ensure accuracy of all in-bound and out-bound payroll interface data, this includes, ACH and positive pay, 403B, FSA, H.S.A., etc.
- Complete understanding of payroll concepts; Gross wages, taxable wages, sui wages, pre/post tax deductions, tax withholdings, faculty pay, accruals, garnishments, disposable income, moving/relocation expenses, taxation of car allowance, deceased employee payouts, bonus pay, taxation of de minimis fringe benefits, proper handling of overpayment/repayment of wages, etc.
- Responsible for the entire WD timekeeping process (and time clocks) for hourly employees.
- Work with HR and Benefits staff to implement operational procedures with company plans and policies as they relate to payroll.
- Oversee third party payments to ensure timely payment of all garnishments, union dues, benefit remittance, and other employee deductions.
- Validate compliance with audit standards and work with accounting and auditors on all internal and external audit inquiries.
- Identify and create new tax jurisdictions as needed to ensure tax compliance for all payroll withholding and unemployment tax filings for multi-state payroll.
- Oversee the creation of year end W-2 forms and ensure compliance with all amendment and payroll tax filing deadlines.
- Reconcile all relative payroll accounts and create accounting adjusting entries for payroll system and accounting.
- Responsible for meeting all payroll processing/tax deadlines and audit requests/deadlines.
- BS in Accounting/ Finance required.
- 5+ years Payroll experience
- Supervisory experience required.
- Other requirements include: interpersonal, written and verbal communication, ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Intermediate to Expert Level Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word & Power Point, ADP Tax Service (Smart Compliance), Workday payroll processing and time tracking knowledge/experience.
Excellent benefits, a lot of paid time off and a generous matching policy! Great work environment!
skills: Unemployment, Payroll Tax, Union Payroll, Payroll Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Payroll - 500+, W-2 End of Year, Workers Compensation Reporting Claims, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.