Currently assisting one of our primary clients located in the Tampa, FL area with a new exciting role within Global Trade! Please review the requirements listed below and for immediate consideration, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 302-658-6241.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $21.00 - 22.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Under the direction of the Team Leader or Operations Manager, incumbent will review, consult and structure new standby letters of credit transactions. The incumbent will also examine documents drawn under standby letters of credit. These functions are to be performed within Global Trade Operations timeliness goals. Responsibilities include:
- Review incoming standby letter of credit applications and amendments to determine workability.
- Provide leadership and take ownership in complex or difficult letter of credit transactions.
- Interact with internal and external customers to identify, develop and implement solutions for standby letter of credit requests. (External customers will include bank clients, beneficiaries, correspondent banks, agent banks and non-bank attorneys).
- Accurately interpret and execute instructions while protecting bank assets.
- Work closely with Standby Service Representative to ensure accuracy in interpreting, implementing and delivering on instructions provided.
- Work closely with Large Corporate and Middle Market Agency Units in the review and implementation of credit agreements (updating letter of credit systems when necessary).
- Work with management to develop and maintain processing procedures and training for personnel.
- 5 years' experience within Financial Services. Ideal candidate will have experience within Letters of Credit or related experience or comparable training in Global Trade products and services with a minimum of 3 years' experience in processing Global Trade transactions on a computer based software system.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work accurately under pressure of deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits and knowledge of ISP98
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to support customer relationships while balancing responsibility to internal personnel and controls
- A strong knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of PCs in a windows based environment is preferred.
- Desirable- CDCS & CITF certification
skills: Commercial Lending, Bank Relations, Banking Operations, Bank Investments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.