Randstad Accounting & Finance is currently assisting our client located in downtown Harrisburg, PA with a Part-time Payroll Processor position. This is a long term contract role. 20 hours a week. Work 5 hours on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Up to $25 an hour.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for payroll processing and accurate and timely recording and maintenance of all employee payroll-related data and records. The Payroll Specialist must maintain a high level of confidentiality ensuring data integrity, while delivering high quality service to the members of the organization.
location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 3
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and process payroll, including regularly scheduled payroll, special payroll runs, manual checks, garnishments, manage benefit deductions in a union and non-union environment.
- Work with managers to ensure time cards and associated overtime, shift differential and supervisor time are accurate.
- Research and comply with provisions in collective bargaining agreement, as well as wage and hour law.
- Research and resolve payroll issues and discrepancies.
- Balance earnings and deduction totals to ensure payroll accuracy prior to submission.
- Calculate and record wage adjustments and retroactive pay.
- Enter data as it pertains to payroll input, hires, terminations, etc.
- Generate and run payroll reports to support pay period, quarterly taxes, and benefit payments.
- Generate reports required for annual audit.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the use of relevant payroll software
- Monitor paid time off.
- Complete general payroll duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on payroll processing experience is required.
- Union payroll management is a plus.
- Experience building reports in HRIS/Payroll system is required.
- A recognized payroll certification is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays that fall on the Monday of a pay-week.
- Knowledge of taxable and non-taxable income and deductions.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of federal, state, and local tax deductions and requirements.
- Understanding of law governing tax withholding, benefits, liens, and garnishments.
- Advanced PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software, including Excel.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
skills: Excel, Excel Macros, Certified Payroll Professional, Excel Pivot Tables, Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.