We are currently seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented, and dynamic Financial Analyst. The successful candidate in this role will be motivated by taking on special financial analysis projects, by using statistical tools to identify opportunities for cost reduction for raw materials, water usage, supplies, will be compliance process focused, and eager to manage some administrative responsibilities to support the Factory.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Lead the monthly month-end process for the factory; understand & reduce key variances
- Assist in annual planning and forecasting of labor, maintenance, capital projects and other expenses
- Review all T&E and purchasing card expenses
- Prepare standardized and ad hoc financial performance reports supporting the analysis of financial results
- Lead monthly factory P&L Reviews and maintain appropriate expense tracking tools
- Ensure complete understanding of P&L (plan, forecast, actual results)
- Lead and execute factory projects to ensure continuous improvement
- Bachelors Degree required
- Exposure to various reporting tools including: IBM Cognos; TM1; Microsoft Access, MS SQL or similar query and report writer.
- Ability to work with large amounts of raw data and distilling it into actionable information
- Complex problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze from multiple perspectives
- Experience in financial modeling building and analysis, preferably in a manufacturing setting or cost analyst role
skills: Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Financial Planning, Finance Model, Financial Systems Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.