We have partnered with a fast growing biotech client North of Boston looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team. The Staff Accountant will be a valued member of the finance team learning and gaining exposure to a wide array of duties.
This is the ideal opportunity for an accounting professional looking to leverage their experiences into a more challenging, diverse role in a emerging, dynamic company and industry.
If you are looking for more growth and exposure to General Ledger, Balance Sheet, and Month End Close, then be sure to apply for more details!
location: Burlington, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Create and enter journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet and Income statement
- Prepare analysis on wide range of areas including cash, variance, financial statements, prepaid and expenses
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger
- Play key role in month end close, and assist with financial statement preparation
- Maintain fixed assets
- Manage AP process
- Ensure strict adherence to company policies and procedures, US GAAP and SOX.
- Support internal and external audits
- Learn and assist with financial reporting function
- Ad hoc analysis and special financial projects
The ideal profile will include:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2 or more years of relevant accounting experience
- Prior experience in public accounting (or in a publicly traded org) is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self motivated professional with ability to work within a team environment
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Ability and desire to handle a wide range of accounting and finance duties (role will learn/touch a lot)
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.