Are you looking for a new opportunity to be a Staff Accountant with a growth company headquartered in Howard County. The company is cash strong and ready to buy in more to the market. My client offers real career growth, exposure to leadership/CFO, balanced work-life and great benefits. This job offers up-ward mobility in your career path to Senior to Accounting Manager.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5,8 to 5,8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Month-end responsibilities supporting closing financial
- Weekly receipts and disbursements of funds
- Recording of expenses into the general ledger
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliation
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting
- CFO Projects and process improvement projects.
- Retail, franchise and job cost accounting responsibilities
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, QuickBooks, computer operating systems (NetSuite)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years of experience
- Broad knowledge and exposure to all accounting functions
- Advanced knowledge working with QuickBooks online
- CPA not required but a plus
- Master of Science in Accounting not required but a plus
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Accruals, Consolidations, Cost Accounting, Fund Accounting, Property Accounting, Due Diligence, Bank Reconciliations, Internal Controls, GAAP, Month-End Close, Portfolio Accounting, Depreciation, International Accounting, Year End Close, Revenue Accounting, Capitalization, Royalty Accounting, Audit - Internal, Financial Reporting - External, Financial Reporting - Internal, International Financial Reporting, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Audit - External, General Accounting and Finance Skills, Private Equity Accounting, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.