Randstad Accounting & Finance is looking for a Senior Accountant for an anticipated upcoming project located in the Providence area. Potential for a direct hire opportunity.
location: Providence, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare and record asset, liability, expense and revenue entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensure timely reports of all monthly financial information.
- Maintain general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Monitor, document and analyze accounting tasks and duties to develop more efficient systems and procedures and use of resources, while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries from the company's leaders with regard to financial results and reporting.
- Develop and implement new procedures to enhance the work flow of the accounting department.
- Assist in the preparation of state/local sales and business tax returns.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- CPA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience in accounting software such as SAP, NetSuite, Quickbooks or other similar software
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changes in priorities is a must.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion is a must.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Christina Rondeau at 401-824-0228 or Christina.Rondeau@randstadusa.com
skills: SAP, Great Plains, Quickbooks, Netsuite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.