This position will be responsible for coaching and developing staff, month end close, financial analysis, reconciliations, special projects and manage fixed assets, which will help to ensure accurate and timely information to management.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Maintenance of the general ledger.
- Serves as a System Administrator for the Software.
- Responsible for monitoring the preparation, review, and verification of journal entries into the general ledger system.
- Prepares departmental reporting to meet internal management's needs.
- Provides data to the VP of Financial Reporting in preparing reporting packages for external distribution.
- Reviews and explains balance sheet fluctuations
- Manages the consolidation of Subsidiary and joint venture results.
- Participates in the preparation of year-end activities with outside auditors and with subsidiary company.
- Coordinates reconciliation of bank accounts, fixed assets, debt, equity and other balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinates reconciliation's and analysis of accounts and issues. Develops analysis and reports when requested, or as appropriate.
- Participates in the development of company accounting policies and procedures. Administers those policies upon approval.
- Assists in the development, modification and implementation of financial systems.
- Responsible for implementation of improvements to processes to streamline General accounting processes with emphasis on challenging non-value added processes and elimination of waste in current process.
- A six-day close process requiring overtime encompassing timely and accurate financial statements.
- Ensure that SOX controls are complied with
- Prepare and review budgets and forecasts
- Prepare and submit data to report on statutory reporting differences
- Prepare and submit data to the DCAA to comply with audit requirements
- Assess the reasonableness of monthly depreciation expense
- Assess and report on the qualifications of external appraisers
- Obtain, assess, and utilize fixed asset residuals to be used in the depreciation calculations.
At a time when Covid-19 is affecting industries and livelihoods, Randstad is here to support you in your job search. We are seeking someone who possesses most of the qualifications below. Qualifications
- Exceptional technical accounting base and analytical ability
- Solid understanding of the financial impact of business decisions
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- 15 years accounting experience with 5 years of experience in a managerial/supervisory role
- Experience in a publicly traded company a plus
- CPA preferred
- Self-starter, high-energy, results-oriented individual a must
- Experience reviewing large volumes of journal entries and reconciliations a plus
- Strong computer skills in general and specifically with Microsoft excel.
skills: SOX, Supervisor/Coach
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.