The Staff Accountant will perform various duties to support the accounting and finance functions of the business and its operations. The Staff Accountant will have hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, this position will perform complex accounting activities.
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare monthly journal entries in ERP system and attach all supporting information
- Maintain detailed listing of the contents of all balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed assets and ensure timely movements out of CIP
- Reconciliation of asset accounts and maintain supporting schedules; Reconciliation of liability accounts and maintain supporting schedule
- Reviews accounts payable and purchase receipt transactions for proper GL coding
- Assist in all financial activities and accounting personnel to ensure that month-end closing duties are performed in a timely manner (Accounts Payables, Payroll, Accounts Receivables, State Reporting, Taxes, etc.)
- Reconcile GL accounts on a timely basis. Prepare general ledger expense accruals and journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Filing annual reports, sales tax reports, providing tax exemption and resale certificates to vendors
- File 1099's
- Performs month-end closing activities (including, but not limited to):
- Record all transactions required to accurately represent the entity's financial position at the end of the period. Such transactions may include accruals for matching of expenses to the current period, relief of prepaid expenses used during the period, recognition of unearned revenues received or earned during the period, recording of asset acquisitions, disposals and depreciation, etc.
- Create recurring journal entry templates, ensure that recurring entries occur and are changed or terminated at appropriate times
qualifications: Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
How to Apply If you fit the job description above please send your resume to Jason Newberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Highly organized, with strong ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, work under pressure, adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and meet deadlines required.
- Intricate computer skills must be comfortable using computers and confident in your ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Excel. Must be able to create spreadsheets, use formulas and functions such as V-lookup, pivot tables, etc.
skills: General Ledger, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.