The Financial Reporting Controls Analyst will be responsible for the reporting controls and compliance on the Company's financial statements. This includes reviewing key business processes to assess financial reporting controls and address areas of risk.
location: Pompano Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Perform monthly review of financial statements for month-end closing and reporting
- Validate significant balance sheet accounts for accuracy and completeness
- Continuously review and document accounting and reporting workflow
- Create accounting policy manual to ensure that policies are in line with US GAAP and accepted business practices
- Address significant financial reporting controls issues that relate to process workflow and changes in accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the documentation and testing of financial reporting controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and financial reporting activities
- Oversight of the preparation of monthly financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements
- Responsible for insuring accurate financial reporting compliance with GAAP and corporate accounting policy
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to make the highly complex financial reporting processes more efficient and achieve balance of timeliness and precision.
- Provide insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation.
- BBA/MBA in Accounting and CPA are required
- 7+ years of work experience (combination of public accounting Big 4/ national CPA firm in addition to corporate accounting and reporting from a large fast paced company)
- Detailed knowledge and experience with the preparation and review of financial statements
- Thorough application and understanding of financial reporting controls and key business processes
- Strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Excel super user)
- Ability to multitask and make oral and written presentations in a clear, concise manner
skills: Analysis, Audit-Internal, 10-K, 10-Q, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.