We have partnered with a client in the Metro Boston area with a need for a Controller to oversee all accounting and finance functions. Great opportunity to be a valued member of the senior leadership while leading a small team of dedicated accounting and financial professionals.
The ideal profile is a team oriented CPA with ability to work cross functionally to meet deadlines, maximize efficiencies and drive financial performance. While this position will be a key senior leadership position, this person must enjoy 'rolling up their sleeves' and not afraid of being involved in the day to day accounting should any issues arise.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
The Controller will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate fiscal closes and financial reports, maintaining systems, strengthening controls, support budget process, ensure strict adherence to all appropriate federal & state guideline and regulations.
- Train, motivate and mentor staff.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting for all entities.
- Provide financial analysis as well as support the budget and forecasting processes.
- Oversee and streamline month end close, provide detailed financial reports
- Strengthen policies & procedures
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the accounting/finance department
- Maintain General Ledger
- Manage operational accounting functions including AP, AR, Payroll
- Analyze and report variances in budget to actual
- Partner, support senior executives and guide them in their decision making process (help them understand financial impact of their decisions)
- Coordinate audits
The ideal profile includes:
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA desired
- 12+ years of relevant experience including 5 years of management
- Potential to be the top finance professional in a company
- Strong business acumen with long range thinking, yet not afraid to roll up sleeves and be involved in any day to day issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and change gears quickly as priorities change
skills: General Ledger, Financial Statements, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.