Strategic Sourcing Specialist needed to work with a global technology company. The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating contract terms, and tracking spend for multiple categories.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Specific project work and source-to-pay activities may vary, including sourcing, contracting, negotiating, and tracking spend, and include a variety of commodities/categories, which may include marketing creative, media, adtech, or localization/translation.
- Interface with internal business and cross-functional teams to identify sourcing requirements, and define expectations and goals for suppliers.
- Coordinate and support sourcing projects, including managing RFx, obtaining quotes, examining proposals, and analyzing bids.
- Prepare sourcing documents, contracts, statements of work and related procurement documents following guidelines.
- Review, negotiate, and facilitate execution of contracts and SOWs.
- Analyze spend and other data, monitor purchasing activity, manage benchmarking and reporting.
- Support special projects as needed.
- Perform root cause analysis on Procurement and AP Issues and provide feedback on process improvements.
- Interface with Procurement Operations for resolving procurement issues.
- Work with Legal to ensure contracts are aligned with appropriate terms and conditions.
- Five years' experience in procurement, sourcing, or contracting.
- Digital advertising or marketing agency experience preferred.
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Able to prioritize and use available tools to be highly productive and manage high volumes.
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels, develop cooperative working partnerships and contribute to teams.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Proficiency with eSourcing and procurement tools required.
- Bachelors' degree required
- Background in business, supply chain, procurement, or management preferred
skills: Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.