High-growth VC Firm in San Francisco is seeking a Controller to oversee all aspects of operational and corporate accounting, including month end close, billing, accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting, monthly forecast preparation, annual preparation of budgets, and assist in the annual tax return preparation. Strong communication skills with an entrepreneurial mindset and adaptability will be very useful in this role.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $185,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
· Ensure that all investment entity financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP and any official guidelines and requirements
· Oversee accounting for the family office and all family investment entities and any external reporting requirements
· Manage the audit process with CPA firm
· Support all aspects of the corporate accounting management including operating portfolio companies
· Oversee corporate accounting team by providing direction and guidance
· Assist with the preparation of corporate budgets
· Manage, develop and lead a small team
· Ensure financial statement accuracy by providing oversight and review of monthly reporting process completed by accountants.
· Responsible for identifying areas for improvement in corporate, portfolio, and family office processes as well as assisting in implementing policies, procedures and systems.
· CPA or CMA required
· At least 10 total years of accounting experience, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
· Previous Controller experience highly desired
· Deep knowledge and understanding of cost accounting and manufacturing process
· Public accounting experience required (Big 4 firm preferred)
For immediate & confidential consideration, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.