We are seeking a Manager with direct responsibility for Fixed Asset Accounting with Fixed Asset Management experience to join a dynamic team. The Manager Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering accounting transactions, with a focus on asset management. This position applies advanced accounting principles and procedures to summarize and report upon financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
Contact me directly Andrew.Megee@RandstadUSA.com
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Fixed Asset Manager is responsible for all fixed asset functions as assigned and working closely with senior management.
The manager will coordinate monthly processes. Essential job functions will include:
- Update and maintain the fixed asset system with capital purchases, disposals and transfers.
- Prepare and record journal entries to General Ledger.
- Prepares detailed account analysis/reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts and perform the necessary research to correct any discrepancies.
- Review and approve invoices related to the purchase of capital assets
- Assist in the preparation of property tax schedules for various counties
- Assist in the preparation of schedules required by internal and external audit for quarterly interim and year-end audits.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five years of Fixed Asset Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred. CPA desirable.
skills: Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.